[time-nuts] new tdc from Texas

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Thu Mar 5 02:56:23 EST 2015

On Thu, 05 Mar 2015 01:27:23 +0000
Angus <not.again at btinternet.com> wrote:

> I've not seen any mention of anything other than the TDC1000.
>
> I was a bit surprised that they went down the less-integrated route
> and separated the TDC, but it turns out that for a lot of the sort of
> things they designed it for, a uC provides good enough timing itself,
> and no extra TDC is needed at all.

I think the main application TI intended it for is for ultrasonic
flow meeters (like [1]). There you have quite small and bounded
start-stop delays. With this they can get into the growing electronics
for low energy building market.

In contrast to that, the Acam devices seem to be general purpose TDCs

			Attila Kinali

[1] http://www.shk-profi.de/imgs/52579203_0d4dd378d4.jpg
--
< _av500_> phd is easy