[time-nuts] How does NTP's local clock estimation work in detail?

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Fri Mar 6 11:23:14 EST 2015

Moin,

I am a little bit stuck here. I am trying to work out the math behind
a synchronization of clocks problem. It shouldn't be too difficult,
but every couple of minutes I'm getting stuck at some details and it
takes me always a lot of time to get around it. I'm pretty sure that
what I am doing is similar to what NTP does locally after it got an
estimate on it's time difference. I tried to look up what NTP does
but I got lost in the huge amount of papers/presentations.

Could someone point me to some papers that explain what NTP
does locally? If possible in compact form.

Thanks in advance

				Attila Kinali

use without that foundation.