[time-nuts] Comparing the BeagleBone Black & Raspberry Pi asNTP servers

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Sun Mar 22 09:55:47 EDT 2015

On Sun, 22 Mar 2015 09:29:56 -0400
Mike George <mgeorge at tuffmail.us> wrote:

> On this page:
>
> http://elinux.org/Beagleboard:BeagleBoneBlack_Debian#BBW.2FBBB_.28All_Revs.29
>
> they list an alternative console only image:
>
> https://rcn-ee.com/rootfs/bb.org/release/2015-03-01/console/bone-debian-7.8-console-armhf-2015-03-01-2gb.img.xz
>
> It might be easier starting with that if you don't intend to use graphics.

Alternatively, use an embedded buildsystem (e.g. buildroot[1]) so that the
image contains only what is really required, and nothing else. There
are also several, "preconfigured" buildroot forks for the BBB (e.g. [2]).

If you need help with that, send me an email off-list.

			Attila Kinali

[1] http://buildroot.net
[2] https://github.com/fhunleth/buildroot-bbb

--