[time-nuts] Trimble Thunderbolt question, splitting its output.

Brian Lloyd brian at lloyd.aero
Sun Mar 29 09:57:41 EDT 2015

On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 12:22 PM, Chris Wilson <chris at chriswilson.tv> wrote:

>   27/03/2015 17:14
>
> My T/Thunderbolt has operated flawlessly for some years feeding a
> David Partridge frequency divider board. The board gives 10Mhz and
> lower divisions of 10MHz down to the KHz level out, as square waves.
> What I need to know is, can I T off the T/Thunderbolt 10MHz feed to
> this board and take a second sine wave output direct from the
> Thunderbolt, to drive a transceiver GPS disciplined 10 MHz frequency
> standard input as well as having it feed the divider baord, which has
> a square wave output? Thanks.

You might want to use something like a TAPR TADD-1 board to provide
multiple, buffered, isolated 10MHz outputs. See:

http://tapr.org/kits_tadd-1.html

This is what I am doing with my T-bolt.

I'm also using the TADD-3 1pps pulse distribution amp to distribute the
1pps from my T-bolt and my JL LTE-lite.

--

Brian Lloyd
706 Flightline Drive