[time-nuts] The low budget UT+ newbie time-nut project: Frequency Reference

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Mon May 4 23:17:59 EDT 2015

I think the lowest cost  GPSDO frequency reference has to be one made
from these parts.  You can get up and running for under $50.
1) the UT+
2) a patch antenna
2) the Lars Walenius Arduino based controller, using the $3 version of
the Arduino
3) An eBay OCXO for about $20. (this is the most expensive part)

I built the above and at every decision point did what was both
simplest and lowest cost.  I just wanted to see what would happen.  I
ran it for a few months.  I kept the output of this and the output
from a Thunderbolt on each channel of my dual channel scope.  Visually
they kept in phase.  One would drift right of left then be corrected.
I could not see it drift, I'd have to come back and check now and
then.    Yes I know not a good characterization but in keeping with
the "simplest thing that can still work" idea.

On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 5:19 PM, Bob Fleming <Bob.Fleming at usa.com> wrote:

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California