[time-nuts] Tymserve 2100 thinks it's 1995?

Alan Ambrose alan.ambrose at anagram.net
Tue May 5 11:46:55 EDT 2015

Hi,

You can claim that software costs nothing once you write the first copy. In the next breath we all expect

to get ongoing customer support for that software and (errrr ) patches for this and that. When a vendor

charges us by the year for that support we are unhappy.

Would I love to see all these 10 to 20 year old boxes running perfectly 20 years from now - sure.

It's a noble goal. I have a *lot* of boxes. With all the GPS issues in the past, and likely in the future - not likely to happen.
<<<

Of course, once the suppliers have decided they can't make any further money from it, it would be a nice goodwill gesture to make the software open source so that others can fix it if they want.

Alan