[time-nuts] GPS week rollover

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Wed May 6 00:48:04 EDT 2015

Well,  a big one will be in 2017 when all our Tbolts roll over.    I have included some code in the next version of Lady Heather to compensate.  If it detects a year from the unit before 2015,  it converts the date/time to Julian,  adds 1024 weeks worth of seconds,  and then converts the date/time back to Gregorian.  You can also specify a user defined rollover adjustment (in seconds).  One issue that I have seen is the Tbolt occasionally spitting out a bogo-year and triggering a false/premature rollover...  still trying to track that down.

People using Tbolts for things like NTP servers will have to implement a similar fix...

Don't think it's _that_ much code though. There's some open source ACM date algorithms, and it would be easy enough to implement a quick and dirty fix, adding a number of days offset, while the rest of the algorithm is tested. Will the next time this problem reoccurs be another 20 years?