[time-nuts] TymServe 2100 1995 Issue - A Kludgy Fix

Esa Heikkinen tn1ajb at nic.fi
Wed May 6 15:33:11 EDT 2015

Andrew Cooper kirjoitti:

> We also ran into the TS2100 1995 bug this weekend.
> For us the consequences are a bit more severe...

So this is happening already.. Didn't notice this because have been
using PPS from Thunderbolt to keep the TS2100 in time. It failed with
leap second already in February (if I remember correctly) so I think if
you have same firmware than I have (the most recent one) you have
already got 1 second offset from real UTC since February.

However, with PPS everything is fine. The unit is not rebooted after
February (when removing the inegrated GPS unit) and it's in time.

However that's not only bugs TS2100 has. I'm currently creating my own
IRIG-B decoder and noticed that there's something strange going on with
IEEE1344 checksums. The checksum will fail with random hours and beign
ok on others. Seems that hour number is not included in the checksum or
something. But that's another story...

--
73s!
Esa