[time-nuts] Microsemi versus Spetracom

Björn bg at lysator.liu.se
Thu May 7 06:20:22 EDT 2015

Look also at Brandywine and Meinberg.

/Björn

I do need to buy a couple replacements, good time is critical around an observatory, looking at a $16K purchase order.  We have quoted both the SecureSync from SpectraCom and the S350 from Microsemi, both fully spec'd out with IRIG and IEEE1588.

I am not really a time expert, just an everyday electrical engineer.  Thrust into the problem three days ago.  I have learned a bit reading through the Time Nuts archive... Thanks!

Anything I should be aware of with these units.  Any opinions on this purchase?

Thanks for your advice,
Andrew

Andrew Cooper
Electrical Engineer