[time-nuts] Engineering commands for TymServe 2100

Bob Marshall bmarshall at noao.edu
Fri May 8 16:35:43 EDT 2015

We have TymServe 2100 units and need the IRIG-B signal.  They are disconnected from GPS and running in free mode.  I’ve set the time via telnet
but can only do that within about 250 milliseconds of the correct time.  I see the engineering command “root engineering timing offset_time” but when I try it nothing happens to the time.

To correct a -200 millisec error (reported by ntpq -p) I try: “root engineering timing offset_time 2000000” (the units are 100ns).

Are there other engineering commands for this or is there something else I need to do?