[time-nuts] lawnmower robots may be the end of VLF timekeeping

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Sat May 9 15:48:14 EDT 2015

Hi

The real questions:

1) Are they breaking any laws with their pollution?

2) Is there a regulatory body that is charged with enforcing those laws?

3) Is the cost (hours / dollars / hassle) of taking action prohibitive?

Often it’s a combination of more than one that gets you …

This is fundamentally no different than the boys setting up their system right next to
GPS. The main difference is that they had to go through the licensing process and not
all these devices do that. I do know that when every radio clock within 1/2 Km goes dead,
there are towns that will have a lot of people scratching their heads ….

Bob