[time-nuts] lawnmower robots may be the end of VLF timekeeping

Bill Hawkins bill at iaxs.net
Mon May 11 22:40:15 EDT 2015

Yes, flexibility is the key. Once upon a time I could hack hardware and
software using Unix and C, starting in 1982. I can no longer keep up
with the bright ideas of millions of programmers. Bought some Windows 7
machines a year ago before they gave way to 8. Still use XP because I
can do what I need to do with it, and it has become more stable since MS
stopped "supporting" it. But I can't go to each new browser with better
customer tracking tools. Tried Chrome briefly. Hate to be told what I
might like to buy.

So when an intriguing new mystery is presented with good data from one
of the best members of this group, and all I get is empty boxes with red
Xs at the top left, I am annoyed. Chasing the file name reveals SVG
type. Chasing that reveals its purpose and some possible download sites.
But the sites are not known to me, and I do not want to install unknown
software, let alone learn how to use it.

I'm sorry I expressed my annoyance, but I'm fighting an unknown
infection, and that makes me testy.

If someone could send me a reliable link to download SVG, I could try it
after a full system backup. That's all extra work, but "there's got to
be a pony in there somewhere."

Bill Hawkins