[time-nuts] Small time server for mobile use.

Mark Spencer mark at alignedsolutions.com
Tue May 12 21:26:37 EDT 2015

Thanks for this.   This (and the other responses) were the type of answers I was hoping for.

The budget is probably up to several thousand for a robust COTS product that won't add significant operational hassles.   (Kludging a laptop to run as an NTP server would be an example of a solution that would add operational hassles.)  Equipment designed for rack mounting is a bit less than ideal (the equipment bay in the vehicle is not really set up for rack mounted gear) but we could probably work out a way to mount a one u device, and mounting a laptop adds it's own set of challenges, although a laptop can be mounted outside of the equipment bay.   The ideal form factor would be something the size of a small paper back book (or smaller) that could be surface mounted or secured via clamps to a piece of tubing that is already in the equipment bay.

Sent from my iPad