[time-nuts] Thunderbolt Height Error

Mike Cook michael.cook at sfr.fr
Mon May 18 08:43:25 EDT 2015

> Le 18 mai 2015 à 08:34, Demian Martin <demianm.pds at gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> I have 2 GPSDO's. A Thunderbolt and an Arbiter 1083A. The Arbiter is old but
> it works fine (and has a Wenzel 5 MHz streamline oscillator in it). It has
> the 1995 firmware issue, and I could get new firmware for it ($$) but I'm
> not using it as a clock, just a frequency source.
>

> I just moved and have re-setup both. They share an antenna. I got both to do
> a self survey. The Arbiter was really close to what Google maps indicate is
> my location. The Thunderbolt was about the same except it has me
> underground. The arbiter has the height as +30M. The Thunderbolt as -6M.

Check to see if they are both using the same DATUM.  Google maps appears to use WGS-84. Maybe your T-Bolt restarted with something else though it’s default config is WGS-84.
I don’t see a command line option to set datum with Lady Heather. If you have a serial link you can set/report with 0x8E,0x8F packets according to the  manual

> What setting do I have wrong in the Thunderbolt? Would it affect the
> operation as a frequency standard in any way?

 I don’t think so. The receiver should take the configured datum model into account. Be an interesting experiment to check that.