[time-nuts] TymServe 2100 was: The GPS 1995 problem and the Heol Design solution.

Sean Gallagher sean at wetstonetech.com
Mon May 18 16:00:13 EDT 2015

Most likely all of them. There may still be some out there with GPS receivers made later in the year that still work but by the end of 2015 they will probably all be bad.  The 1995 problem is  actually with the GPS receiver which just plugs into the TS2100's. They can be used in other things as well and that's actually where I first caught it but didn't pick up on what it was. I think Bob Camp made a note about something like that but was suggesting against it since it will add complexity to the system. I don't know that it's possible though as it would have to do it in real time on the fly or you'll lose time in the calculation.
I made the comment about the RPI projects I'd seen and adding in the 1023 weeks myself but from other time - nuts it would be very complex.