[time-nuts] iGPS?

Scott McGrath scmcgrath at gmail.com
Tue May 19 13:37:43 EDT 2015

Not necessarily,  you are assuming a single large jammer you could easily disperse a large number of small narrowband jammers over an area you wanted to deny GPS coverage to via airdrops or artillery and that would effectively deny coverage and make it almost impossible to suppress all the jammers.

Content by Scott
Typos by Siri

> On May 18, 2015, at 3:56 PM, Chris Albertson <albertson.chris at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Any wide area and broadband military jammer is taking a big risk
> because the jammer is very easy to find.
>
> If Apple is buying into this then it is not military and they are
> looking to put it inside a phone or maybe a car.
>
>> On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 11:06 AM, Brooke Clarke <brooke at pacific.net> wrote:
>> Hi Bob:
>>
>> In the link in the message from Brian it explains that iGPS is for military
>> users of the Iridium system.
>> The key feature is to allow a moving vehicle to lock on the GPS signal while
>> being jammed.  They do that and also get a more accurate fix by using
>> signals from the Iridium satellites.
>>
>> I see a potential problem in that the Iridium signals are close in frequency
>> to GPS and a broad band jammer might cause a problem for both of them.
>> Mail_Attachment --
>> Have Fun,
>>
>> Brooke Clarke
>> http://www.PRC68.com
>> http://www.end2partygovernment.com/2012Issues.html
>> http://www.prc68.com/I/DietNutrition.html
>> Bob Camp wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> “Orders of magnitude” more accurate …
>>>
>>> Right now, you can get around ~1 M in most areas. One order of magnitude
>>> would be <10 cm.
>>> More than one order of magnitude would be <10 mm. To me “orders” implies
>>> more than two, so that
>>> would be <1 mm.
>>>
>>> I guess everybody can toss out all their multi band GPS gear, there’s no
>>> need for it anymore.  No need
>>> to put up all those expensive block III GPS sat’s either :)
>>>
>>> hmmmmm……I do believe the marketing boys have been playing with the
>>> numbers. You would have to start
>>> from a >50 M error to get them to make much sense based on what they are