[time-nuts] IRIG-B audio decoder circuits and ICs sought

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Fri May 22 00:58:14 EDT 2015

I remember the need to use assembly also.  But those days are gone for
two reasons (1) modern optimizing compilers are so good that they can
beat hand written assembly.  and (2) Today CPUs are cheeper than
software engineers.  Back in the 70's it was the other way around.

And NO, using C is hardly "being modern".  Maybe C++ is still "modern"
in some circles but today we have Python, Swift and 50 others.  C (or
more likely C++) while still widely used is kind of "old school".

The last assembly I had to write was parts of the OS for a CDC
mainframe (PPU code for a 6600)

OK back on topic:  How to process IRIG.    Can't you mix it down to
baseband with a local oscillator, mixer and filter?  It's AM on a very
low frequency carrier.

--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California