[time-nuts] What did I buy? Austron 1210D-03

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Mon May 25 11:48:06 EDT 2015

Hi

What you bought is a really cool “clock trip” style time transfer standard. You
sync it up to the “reference clock” and hop in the car. Drive off to the remote
site and use it to adjust the “remote clock” to the correct time.

Very useful back in those days, if you needed to keep a bunch of remote
data loggers all grabbing data at the same time. Similar approaches (clock trips)
were used to keep the various national clock chains aligned with each other. There
also were applications where you didn’t want the “bad guys” getting involved
with your sync process and a hand carried standard was the preferred way to go.

Lots of fun.

As with any OCXO, best performance will be if you keep it on power all the time. As
with any pice of “fine old stuff” it will probably live longer if it’s powered off ….

Bob