[time-nuts] Some questions related to time-interval measurements and "modulation domain analysis"

Andy AI.egrps+tn at gmail.com
Wed May 27 13:45:11 EDT 2015

Ole wrote:

   "So here is my first question - since this signal is amplitude modulated,
    the only way this can (should) show up on the counter is if the
triggering
    is not "perfect" - that is, it does not trigger at precisely 0v +
whatever
    DC offset may or may not be on the signal. Is my undestandig here
correct?
    A perfect zero-crossing detector would be immune to AM?"

I believe that should be true.  Assuming that the source has no AM/PM
conversion, that no other noise is present with the signal, and that the
detector is immune to edge rate, the period of an AM signal should not
change.

Andy