[time-nuts] Distributiuon Amlifier Altinex DA1804NT

Vlad time at patoka.org
Wed May 27 22:04:37 EDT 2015

Hello,

Recently, I acquired video distribution amplifier (model Altinex
DA1804NT). It says it could handle 350Mhz. I am planing to use it to
split 10Mhz Ref signal from my OCXO. This OCXO I bought on auction site.
It has Oscilloquarz model 8663-SX plus some components which give me 4
outputs - 2 sines and two squares. After few days of "warm up" I did
measurement of ADV from one of the sine outputs and then measurement of
the same sine signal from OCXO, but this time through the Altinex DA.
Each test took 8 hours. Attached is the results.

NOTE: on the ALTINEX* charts I forgot to change the label for OCXO. So,
its not DATUM. It is Oscilloquarz 8663-SX
I was using Trimble TB as a ref signal  for HP 5386

Since I have no  instruments which measuring phase noise, I am
interesting, what will be the quick method to measure the phase noise
for that DA ?

--
WBW,

V.P.