[time-nuts] PRS10 Heatsink Temperature

Mike Cook michael.cook at sfr.fr
Tue Nov 24 08:51:23 EST 2015

> Le 24 nov. 2015 à 01:33, Charles Steinmetz <csteinmetz at yandex.com> a écrit :
>
> David wrote:
>
>> I plan to add a small temperature controlled fan to limit the heatsink temperature. Can anyone recommend a suitable setpoint for the heatsink?
>
> An SRS engineer once told me to keep the PRS10's baseplate temperature below 40C.

  You think that they would know their stuff. But their heatsinks don’t quite do that. They get close. My 3 PRS10s are all bolted to heat sinks supplied by SRS. There are two versions of sinks that I have, a older thick ribbed type and the latest non ribbed U shaped type which I must admit looks terribly over-priced. The latest one is slightly better and keeps the measured temp at the baseplate surface to 42°C in a 25°C free air environment. The older one keeps it below 43°.