[time-nuts] Einstein Special on PBS

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 29 16:18:21 EST 2015

On 11/29/15 12:13 PM, Mark Sims wrote:
> Another thing to consider is the gravity anomaly caused by that hunk of granite beneath your clock (or above it in a mine).   Hmmm, what is the clock shift at the top of Mt Everest that is due to the mountain and not the altitude?

when going deep..
the Homestake mine in South Dakota is something like 2500m (8000 ft)
deep.  There's a DoE funded research facility somewhere deep for nuclear
experiments.  There could well be atomic clocks already down there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanford_Underground_Research_Facility

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Large_Underground_Xenon_experiment is
about halfway down (I think the lower part of the mine is still flooded)