[time-nuts] UPS for my time rack

Dave Martindale dave.martindale at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 08:30:21 EDT 2015

How did you find the units that will act as a UPS, without buying
everything on the market and testing them?

I just checked all of those bricks in our house, and none will do it.
There are a couple of PNY units that do not provide output power until a
button is pressed, and don't charge until input power is connected while in
idle mode.  Then there are Tp-Link and Mophie units that switch on the
output automatically when a load is connected (or perhaps the output is
just always powered), but which disable the output and switch to charge
mode when input power is provided.  None of them seem able to pass through
5V power without discharging.

- Dave