[time-nuts] Useful gadgets for DC power

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Sat Oct 17 04:42:18 EDT 2015

If you are playing with DC power, I want to draw your attention to
a company which makes some useful gadgets.

For instance this one:

	http://www.mini-box.com/OpenUPS2

I havn't tried it yet, but it looks like a very convenient module
for adding a small built-in UPS.  (They have other products for
bigger batteries.)

This "ideal diode" looks very promising:

	http://www.mini-box.com/Y-PWR-Hot-Swap-Load-Sharing-Controller

It is based on Linears LT4415:

	http://www.linear.com/product/LTC4416

I don't have any experience with these particular two products (yet,
I just ordered them), but I have used a number of their PC-power-supply
products for years with no trouble.

My only complaint with this company is that their european distributors
seem to universally suck:  Either they don't carry the parts I want,
their margin is unreasonable or they don't respond to email :-(