[time-nuts] GPS Crystal Frequencies

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 11:27:16 EDT 2015

Brooke
An interesting question and like you I have seen the odd frequencies.
For the 10.230 MHz since they come out exactly at the carrier frequency
that would tend to speak to a direct conversion receiver.

At least on the much older receivers that had IF stages at either 75 Mhz or
35 Mhz and therefore some other frequency would be needed. (There could
also be a very wide range of IF frequencies besides the two I mention.) I
will guess the 10.9 Mhz is exactly that when multiplied up either comes up
high or low by the IF frequency offset they wanted.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL