[time-nuts] HP 5730 data polling technique?

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Sun Sep 6 20:23:00 EDT 2015

>> Finally analyzing the data with Tom Van Baak's adev1 (
>> http://www.leapsecond.com/tools/adev1.htm)
>>
>> [paul at localhost Documents] $ ./adev1 1 < ../datafile.txt

Hi Paul,

There's also the adev4 and adev5 tools too. But my main suggestion is to use John's TimeLab instead of a command line tool. Go to http://www.ke5fx.com/timelab/readme.htm to download.

It turns out your raw data is very corrupted. If you view the phase and frequency data graphically it will be apparent. This is why a self-contained graphical tool like TimeLab is ideal. Until you get a clean phase difference series, the ADEV numbers produced by a command line tool (or any tool for that matter) are sort of meaningless.

I've sent you a bunch of sample plots off-list.

/tvb