[time-nuts] TS-2100 GPS : RD-5, Remote Time Code Display

Gregory Beat w9gb at icloud.com
Tue Sep 8 12:32:19 EDT 2015

For those "time-nuts" that have updated their Datum/Symmetricom TS2100-GPS receiver/NTP server box with the HEOL N024 receiver and MTI OCXO .... I have found one more item to add to your "Swiss Army Knife" GPSDO/NTP box ---- the Symmetricom TrueTime RD-5 (model 820-500) Time Code Remote Display Clock (7 segment LED, 0.56" high).

I purchased one of these remote time code displays over the Labor Day weekend (local seller), and attached to the IRIG-B output of my TS-2100 GPS.  Within a few seconds, it was displaying Day of Week, and UTC time (nice for that radio shack/satellite control room).

The eBay reseller is: gadgets-plus
who is located in Lombard, IL.  These clocks are FAA surplus.
He has other clocks (ESE, Datum, etc.), BUT some of these models do not work with IRIG-B code format (not format auto-detect OR only able to decode broadcast industry time codes) .

Nice remote clock display (I also have the larger Masterclock TCD 26, with its 2" LEDs).

Greg
w9gb

Sent from iPad Air