[time-nuts] Z3805 service information ?

Mark Spencer mark at alignedsolutions.com
Wed Sep 9 02:41:10 EDT 2015

Thanks Bob.   No I haven't cracked open the case yet.  Once I saw rs 232 data and confirmed that the docxo was still working as well as before from an adev perspective I shelved the unit.   One day I may try and swap GPS receivers and power supplies with another unit but for now  it goes into the project pile.   The docxo in that unit is almost as good as my fts1050 at short tau's.   It was by far the best GPSDO I had from an adev perspective but I haven't done much with it for the last few years.

Re the Lightning the unit did work after the storm but I thought it was odd that only that unit lost lock while three other gpsdo's connected to the same antenna via the same four port splitter worked without a hitch.

This is also the same unit that failed after the power went out.

They all run from the same ups as well.

Thanks for the hint re the z38xx program.   I have not used that in a while.  I usually use GPScon.
Sent from my iPhone