[time-nuts] LAN/USB to GP-IB/HP-IP Adapters

cfo xnews5 at luna.dyndns.dk
Fri Sep 11 07:16:04 EDT 2015

On Thu, 10 Sep 2015 14:58:41 -0700, Brooke Clarke wrote:

>so I'm looking for an adapter that runs
> from LAN or a USB port.
>
> Can anyone comment on what's available?

Hi Brooke

Afaik the Agilent USB GPIB adapter can "Speak VISA on Windows" with
Agilents windows driver. But no VISA support for Agilents under Linux, as
Agilent doesn't make drivers for linux :-(

See this Agilent PDF
http://cp.literature.agilent.com/litweb/pdf/5990-3731EN.pdf?cmpid=1273CN

And have a look on *bay for :
"Agilent 82357B USB-GPIB Interface"

According to this thread , even the "real ones" are clones (work ok)
http://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/flood-of-new-agilent-82357b-gpib-
usb-adaptors-on-ebay-the-real-deal/

I have a Beiming and an Agilent (prob a clone) , both works fine with
liunx-gpib.

CFO
Denmark

E-mail:xnews5 at luna.dyndns.dk