[time-nuts] Trimble Resolution [T, SMT, SMT GG] - spontaneous GPS loss of signal events, multiple locations

Wojciech Owczarek wojciech at owczarek.co.uk
Mon Sep 14 16:54:02 EDT 2015

On 14 September 2015 at 15:37, Mike Cook <michael.cook at sfr.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>   I have both -T and SMT and have not seen this on the 5th or afik any
> other day. If you have other dates, I can check those in more detail.

OK - I think this itself excludes an issue with the boards. What firmware
are you running on the T's: 1.17, 1.14 or something else?

>  I would suggest that if you have spare capacity, that you remove one of
> the receivers from its platform and monitor with it hooked up
> independently. If it is shows no issue then you can go back to the vendor
> with the evidence.

Thanks Mike - I didn't mention in the original e-mail that I am not in a
position to remove the receivers as these are boxes under support /
warranty, even the lab ones I test with. I was trying to establish if this
is a Trimble issue, because the vendor tends to have little clue. Long
story. Also since I can't remove them, I can't check their firmware.

I have some standalone Resolution T's at home, but I don't have them
operational 24/7. I should probably fire them up.

Best regards,
Wojciech