[time-nuts] Z3801A expert?

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Thu Sep 24 03:29:55 EDT 2015

kd5byb at gmail.com said:
> When I command a self test via *TST? command, it returns 0, which is no
> error.

It runs all the tests again and didn't find any errors, but it remembers that
it has seen an error sometime recently that hasn't been cleared.

> Not sure why GPSCON is reporting a self test error.  Any advice?  It  seems
> to be functioning normally in all respects.  :)

My guess is that the error happened while the power was coming back but
didn't get to a high enough value quickly enough so the CPU was running tests
before it had clean power.

There may be a clear-errors command.  If you can't find that, there is
probably a restart command that goes through the whole boot sequence all over
again.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.