[time-nuts] Symmetricom experts?

Bob Darlington rdarlington at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 13:01:20 EDT 2015

I've had the same problem with an S300 so I gave up and started working on
a replacement.  Eventually I'll get everything documented and offered to
the group, but far I've built a custom sheild for a BeagleBone Black with a
Furuno GT-8736 timing receiver, and it looks great so long as it's doing
nothing but running NTP.  As soon as I put load on the thing, it warms up,
and throws the time off.  NTP adjusts of course, but there's that  short
spike in offset that I find annoying and it makes my pretty graphs not so
pretty.  Perhaps it'll stabilize under a more realistic scenario of where
it services lots of NTP requests, and perhaps a small heatsink on the CPU
will help as well.  Much to do.

If you find a solution for the SyncServer products that doesn't involve a
complete replacement or a service contract, I'd love to hear about it.

-Bob