[time-nuts] wwvb gps d-psk-r details

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 12:30:13 EDT 2015

This absolutely requires GPS all of the time.
In recalculates the entire 1 minute sentence every minute at 00 in the
first 200ms.
But that was a choice. The actual clock could run till you pull the plug.
I choice the get it done approach.

What is key is an accurate stable 1 PPS.
All of that said it proves the message generation method. That appears
simple and as I actually learned not that simple.

So it does get back to the interesting next steps. Accurately determining
the BPSK transition then adjusting a local 1 PPS to stay in sync. The
message tells you what to expect and pretty much when.

Another part of the independent answer is that since the time is in minutes
from 2000 then a comparison of the local minute to the wwvb minute is
helpful in aligning a local clock. It goes on and on with possible answers.

I have used this unit with a local 60 KHz and a scope to accurately check
the incoming BPSK stream and catch my coding errors.

Regards
Paul
WB8TSL