[time-nuts] Lightning 1, tbolt 0.

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 1 01:34:59 EDT 2016

On the subject of RS-232 converter chips...  I have had problems running MAX3232's at 3.6V.   Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.  Sometimes they get freaky hot.   The general symptom seems to be no -6V output.

I've never had problems running MAX232A's at 3.6V, even though they are not spec'd for it.  Also,  pay close attention to the recommended cap values,  then maybe ignore them.  I wind up using 0.47 uF caps everywhere (having over 20,000 of the little buggers handy).