[time-nuts] Building a mains frequency monitor

Bill Hawkins bill.iaxs at pobox.com
Thu Apr 7 00:57:50 EDT 2016

Phase noise? The line frequency shifts phase every time a major
electrical load is added or dropped from the power line.

Seems to me this effect swamps every error in the measurement system.

You are looking for parts per thousand at most. Precision GPSDO 10 MHz
is overkill.

In my humble opinion, that is.

Bill Hawkins