[time-nuts] Advise on building a DIY GPSDO?

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sat Apr 9 20:26:58 EDT 2016

zl1tao at gmx.com said:
> One other point. Attila mentioned using "LEA-M8T". I assume the T suffix
> relates to Time rather than the plain GPS. What is the difference? Apart
> from 50% higher cost.

If you use GPS for navigation, you need 4 satellites to get 4 equations that
you can solve for X, Y, Z, and T (or the polar equivalents).

If you know X, Y, and Z, you can get T from only 1 satellite.  You can also
do a better job of sorting out the errors if you can hear multiple
satellites.  That takes special firmware.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.