[time-nuts] Cheap LEA-6T [was: Re: Precise Time transfer and relative position over ashort baseline]

Scott Newell newell+timenuts at n5tnl.com
Mon Apr 11 14:47:36 EDT 2016

At 11:46 AM 4/11/2016, Tom Van Baak wrote:
>Another way might be to use single-channel common view GPS. I've not
>checked recently to see if 100 ps is possible over a 1 km baseline.
>If so that would be a less expensive solution. Someone should dig
>into the RINEX mode of the ublox 6T. It's on my list but the list is long.

BTW, there are some LEA-6T modules (with patch antenna, compass, 1PPS
led, and USB connector) intended for drone autopilot use on eBay for
around $30 shipped from China. (Search for "LEA-6T".) Mine showed up
on the day of my lightning strike, so I've barely played with it. It
has the 6.something ROM, connects to u-center, and appears to output
the +/-10 ns sawtooth error correction message and the RTKLIB
compatible raw data.

"Gyro" on thr eevblog forum reverse engineered part of the schematic:

http://www.eevblog.com/forum/projects/ebay-u-blox-lea-6t-gps-module-teardown-and-initial-test/

--
newell  N5TNL