[time-nuts] Building a mains frequency monitor

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Wed Apr 13 20:29:34 EDT 2016

Hi

The same “Collins Limiter” stuff that goes along with DMTD’s applies to 60 Hz power
measurement as well. There is a “magic bandwidth” that combined with a slew rate
will give you an optimum result. The gotcha is that you need to know the noise
parameters inorder to work it out. Even back in the 1960’s there was enough “stuff”
feeding crud to the power line that a general solution wasn’t going to be possible. These
days …. no way.

Bob