[time-nuts] HP 5360A History?

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 23:09:59 EDT 2016

Atilla,
It was way back when Rubidium who heard of a Ham having something like that
or GPS locked references. Typical ovens came out of 2 way radios. Very
simple bang bang ovens. Yes good ones existed but never showed up at
hamfests. Internet? No such thing.
So this double oven with the fast start external heater was pretty
interesting. It had something called EFC? Extra Fancy Cost? All I am saying
for me was it was my first really good oscillator. They were used in the
5360s and also the 5248 counter as the higher stability option. Have a
couple of those counters.
So thats why I like them. That first find was $2 and it was in a pile of
just true junk.
Really wonder what else was there, but would not recognize the value of
what had been at that time.
This is a very short answer.
Regards
Paul