[time-nuts] Lady Heather coming soon to a Linux box near you...

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 21 01:13:20 EDT 2016

Well,  Lady Heather finally got off her ample ass and dug into the tao of X11 and all things Linuxy.   The program is currently working well enough to display log files, etc.  Serial port initialization for non-blocking asynchronous I/O needs to be completed.   I have it working on a couple of Ubuntu Mate boxes  (X86 and Mac Mini power pc G4) and a Raspberry Pi 3.  I need to tweak the Pi color palette initialization code... the bastards defaulted it to a 16 bit RGB 565 frame buffer...
One thing that will probably not be supported is sound file support...  playing .WAV files asynchronously does not seem to come naturally to Linux.  Does anybody know of a simple / lazy bastard way to play a sound file in the background from a C/C++ program...  I'd really like my GPS disciplined singing clock to work.