[time-nuts] suitable statistics for measurements with gaps

Nick Sayer nsayer at kfu.com
Fri Apr 22 12:05:12 EDT 2016

I would think the major difficulty of the scenario you outline would be the periodicity of the measurements coinciding with whatever environmental differences impact the device under test during the measurement window. If you get to see the oscillator the *same* 8 hours every day, are those hours in daylight vs night? You might find that you get a particular measured value, and then get a chance to observe it once at some other time and find its behavior is radically different then.