[time-nuts] RG6 or LMR400 for GPS Antenna (Symmetricom 58532A and T-bolt)

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Fri Apr 22 19:17:53 EDT 2016

Hi

Ok, well, let’s over think this a bit more:

The antenna has 38 db gain. It *might* have a noise figure of 0.7 db. A typical modern GPS has < 2db noise figure. Anything over 6 db of net
gain is “good enough”. On that basis, a line loss of 32 db would be OK. Your 100 M of quad shield at 21 db still gives you enough for three levels of passive
splitter (8 outputs). Yes, it’s not going to work with an old Oncore. It will work with the new stuff at that level of splitting.

Bob