[time-nuts] Efratom MFS-176 Questions

Joe Hobart nova at npgcable.com
Fri Apr 22 15:22:40 EDT 2016

Hi All,

I recently acquired an Erfatom (Datum) MFS-176 RVFS and GPS frequency and time
system.  The system works, except the date shows September 9, 1996 (increases
daily).  I can set the date and time during startup, but the displayed date
reverts to 1996 when the GPS system locks and is providing time data.  The
displayed MJD matches the displayed date.

I have the manual, but not the program for accessing the controller system.  I
have been unable to get any response from the unit when using a terminal program
and RS-232 connection.

Does anyone have a copy of the Erfatom MFS-176 control program?

Has anyone used a terminal program to access one of these units or at least wake
the unit up for communications?

Thanks,
Joe, W7LUX