[time-nuts] Adafruit Ultimate GPS timing message arrival times

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Mon Aug 1 14:45:38 EDT 2016

HI

You very much are not *done* when you get your point at a million seconds. That’s
just where you get to *start* ….

Since you are talking about nearly two weeks per sample, there are a *lot* of things
that could happen. If your loop needs ten samples to do much with, it will be 4 months
before anything at all happens. In that period, you need to wonder if the power will stay on
for the whole time …. (thunderstorms in the area at the moment …)

Even if you back off to “I only need 1 ppm”, you still have a really slow process.

Bob