[time-nuts] Effect of EFC noise on phase noise

Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Tue Aug 2 03:14:06 EDT 2016

Gerhard, please send me the LTspice files,  so I can compare it with  some of my circuits.
The Groner preamp uses feedback to adjust the dc input at the input (paralleled) FET gate(s) to adjust the dc output to zero.  It uses a small value input coupling capactor with a high value resistor to bias the JFET (parallled BF862's). I had simulated a similar preamp architecture some years before the Groner article.
I suggested a similar preamp architecture on EEVBlog  but the responses indicated that most of the respondents appear incapable of rational analysis and just regurgitate the conventional approach.

Bruce