[time-nuts] Using the HP 58503a to correct your PC clock

David davidwhess at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 15:50:34 EDT 2016

On Thu, 4 Aug 2016 19:05:13 +0000 (UTC), you wrote:

>My granddaughter would love to know I have a Tardis program. (-;>  Lots of things to try here, just to get a more accurate clock. No wonder there's a time-nutz group!

The Tardis log shows that accessing external NTP servers is a problem
for me so I was going to setup a local server using a Garmin 18x but
during tests, a squirrel chewed the cable through and stole it.

http://www.mingham-smith.com/tardis.htm

2016/08/04 08:06:29.58
Correction of 0.071 seconds used to adjust clock frequency
2016/08/04 09:18:29.97
Correction of -0.102 seconds used to adjust clock frequency
2016/08/04 10:28:29.78
Correction of 0.220 seconds used to adjust clock frequency
2016/08/04 11:34:31.95
The time has been corrected by 1.431 seconds (Clock stepped)
2016/08/04 12:32:32.08
The time has been corrected by -2.206 seconds (Clock stepped)
2016/08/04 13:14:32.22
The time has been corrected by -1.588 seconds (Clock stepped)
2016/08/04 13:24:32.73
Correction of -0.377 seconds used to adjust clock frequency
2016/08/04 13:34:32.82
Correction of -0.374 seconds used to adjust clock frequency
2016/08/04 13:44:32.78
Correction of -0.225 seconds used to adjust clock frequency

https://s31.postimg.org/515gxfo4r/Tardis2000.gif