[time-nuts] Safely getting the electrical length of a connected antenna feedline

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Aug 9 08:58:42 EDT 2016

From: Dr. David Kirkby (Kirkby Microwave Ltd)

I thought i might be possible to do this with a VNA, and a test antenna
located a known distance apart. So I asked in the Keysight forum on 8th Feb
2015
[]
Dave

Folks,

Yes, I've used the DG8SAQ Vector Network Analyser to measure cable lengths
and impedance very easily.  The procedure is documented on page 458 et.seq.
of this help file:

  http://sdr-kits.net/DG8SAQ/VNWA/VNWA_HELP.pdf

The VNWA proven one of the most useful pieces of kit I've bought, and
support is superb.

  http://sdr-kits.net/VNWA3_Description.html

Cheers,
David