[time-nuts] Safely getting the electrical length of a connected antenna feedline

Tim Shoppa tshoppa at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 15:31:42 EDT 2016

You left out the obvious time-nut solution: Calibrate and characterize an
ensemble of HP5071A's to correct absolute time at NIST. Transport the
ensemble (correcting, if necessary, for general relativisitic effects) to
your house. Set the cable delay in your GPS receiver to zero. The delta
between your receiver PPS and the HP5071A Ensemble is the time delay in
your cable and GPS Antenna - AFTER you account for the time delta between
USNO and NIST time (available at
http://www.nist.gov/pml/div688/grp50/nistusno.cfm )

Tim N3QE