[time-nuts] Noisy Sulzer 2.5 - Suggestions?

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 21:48:47 EDT 2016

Ed,
Thats quite the challenge and yes the carbon resistors must be about 50
years old now. So questioning them is reasonable. I have a c so take my
next comment with caution.
The oscillator is a small circuit and then it runs to buffers and
multipliers and stuff.
Lots of parts of every type. Maybe it makes sense to isolate and measure
just the oscillator circuit to see how it behaves without all of the other
stuff. Also there were various regulators in that can. Lots of
possibilities for trouble. But also worth the effort to figure it out.
Great old oscillators.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL