[time-nuts] How to get PPS from ublox mini-PCI GPS to APU2 SoC serial port for ntpd

STR . strykar at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 23 03:03:12 EDT 2016

> Finally, these boxes are intended to be routers (hence the three network
> interfaces) not time-servers and unless you're irrevocably wedded to the miniPCIe in APU2 route there are probably better choices for time servers.

Paul,

John Ackermann's post on using the Soekris net4501 is what opened my eyes to GPSDO back then, sadly the TAPR Clock-Block clock synthesizer has not been available for sale since many years, although the FatPPS signal conditioner is.
Old net4501's are inexpensive, they do occasionally pop up on ebay for around $20-40 but as making the TAPR Clock-Block is not something I can do I never bought a 4501.

Is there an alternate replacement for the Clock-Block today? The soldering is out of my league but nothing the local TV/radio shop couldn't handle.
The net 4501 price today totally justifies another ntpd :)